Gross National Golf Course is closed for the season.
Gross National Golf Club opened in 1925. It has gently rolling hills with elevated tees and greens. We rent riding carts, although many golfers enjoy walking the course. There are three sets of tee-markers on each hole to challenge all skill levels. It is a mature course with lots of old trees.
It hosted the 1964 USGA National Publinks Championship. The course's location makes it readily accessible from Minneapolis or St. Paul with Interstate 35W marking the southern boundary.
A great layout is how most customers describe the course; another reason Gross has been considered The People’s Choice for years.
Indoor Winter Golf
With our two Technique Prestige Golf Simulators, you can keep your swing in shape and enjoy some friendly competition all winter long at Gross National Golf Club. Play on more than 55 of the world's greatest golf courses, including Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and others!
Golfers can also use the simulators as a driving range and receive instant feedback on each shot (ball speed, club head speed, swing path, club face angle at impact).
Click to view indoor winter golf rates. Tee times are accepted and recommended, up to seven days in advance, by calling 612-230-6524 ext. 3.
Golf simulator hours:
Mon-Thurs: 10 am-9 pm
Fri-Sat: 10 am-11 pm
Sunday: noon-9 pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day
Host Your Event Here
Gross National Golf Course is a great place to host your next golf tournament, corporate outing, or family event. Call 612-230-6524 or email GrossGolf@minneapolisparks.org. Looking for the perfect location to host a larger event? Wirth and Columbia golf courses offer meeting rooms, banquet facilities, and full catering services.
Adult Golf Leagues and Lessons
Adult Golf Leagues are available for men, women and seniors. Click for adult golf league information and locations.
Adult golf lessons at Columbia Learning Center and Hiawatha Learning Center offer excellent opportunities for adults to learn to play golf in a fun, relaxing atmosphere. Click for adult golf lesson information.
Junior Golf Leagues and Academies
Developed for area youth 17 years and younger, our junior golf leagues provide a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends, exercise, enjoy the outdoors and learn the game in a non-competitive environment. Click for junior golf league information and locations.
Minneapolis junior golf academies are offered through the First Tee of Minneapolis, a national program created to serve area youth by developing programming that teaches nine core values inherent in the game of golf and incorporating those values into the instructional program. Click for junior golf academy information and locations.
U.S.G.A. Rules Govern Play except modified by posted local rules.
- Secure a ticket for each round before starting. Tee off from 1st tee in order of ticket number of reservation time.
- The management reserves the right to regulate all play.
- Each player must have at least four clubs and a bag.
- Liquor on the course is against the law and will be enforced.
- Players stopping between nines are only allowed 7 minutes in clubhouse before continuing on #10.
- Starting on 10th tee prohibited unless permission granted from clubhouse.
- Players must hold position on course or allow faster players to play through.
- Fivesomes are allowed Monday–Thursday (except holidays). Fivesomes are not allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
Out of Bounds
- Sidewalk on the west and south side on 1, 4, 11
- White stakes on the east side on 5, 6, 8, 12, 13
- Fence on north side of 12
- Water Hazards 6, 8, 11
Historical Profile: More information about this and other parks is included in Parks, Lakes, Trails and So Much More, a richly detailed account of the histories of Minneapolis’ renowned recreational system.