This is your opportunity to experience the thrilling sport of tackle football in a recreational setting. All coaches are certified through the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) to ensure every participant plays in a safe, football educated and fun atmosphere. All leagues focus on learning the fundamentals of football, teaching personal and team goals and having fun in the process.
Youth Football Program Details
- Registration: Search and Register for Youth Football or directly offered through participating Recreation Centers
- Ages: 8 to 14 years of age
- Games: Teams guaranteed 7 regular season games
- Tournament: Only 12U & 14U divisions will have playoffs at the end of the season
- Rules: Tackle football leagues follow National Federation of State High School Association rules with modifications adopted by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
- Officials: All games officiated by high school and/or MPRB certified officials
- Game Locations: Leagues are scheduled to play at several parks and Minneapolis high school locations
Fall League Details
Become a Coach
Become an Official
Ready to register?
Contact your local Recreation Center directly for youth sport league registration information and details. Only Minneapolis teams are eligible for Youth Sports programs and 80% of team members must live within Minneapolis city limits.
Search and Register for Youth Football